This is a common problem that was originally high in adults and old but these days it is affecting all types of age groups. All types of arthritis may seem similar but the cause, symptoms and treatment may differ
Arthritis refers to the pain, inflammation and stiffness that occur in the joints. It is quite a disease that can be ignored in the beginning but very hard and painful in later stages. This can be caused due to a number of factors like injuries/accidents, immune disorders and it can be heredity. It is advisable to see a doctor to clarify the cause and start treatment to prevent late complications
Types of Arthritis
The commonest types of arthritis are explained as below but there are many types of arthritis.
- It is also known as degenerative arthritis and it is caused by the wear and tear of the cartilage that may occur in the joint causing the bones to rub on each other. This results into pain, heat generation, stiffness and difficulty in moving.
The treatment for this type of arthritis may be taking pain killers, weight loss, applying ice bags on the affected area to reduce heat and exercising
- Rheumatoid arthritis. In this type of arthritis, the body’s immune system turns against the body and starts attacking the joints and other body parts. It may result into deformity and poor movement of fingers, ankles and wrists. The actual cause of this type of arthritis is not yet known but researchers say it is due to poor living habits for example smoking and genetic factors.
The main treatment for this type of arthritis is aggressive treatment to be administered immediately it is diagnosed. This will prevent the damage from spreading.
Exercising can also help and avoiding poor health habits
- Psoriatic arthritis. It is a type of autoimmune disease that affects both the joints and the skin. It causes skin symptoms. This arthritis is also triggered when the body’s immune system changes and attacks other body parts. It is somehow similar to rheumatoid arthritis.
There are many other types like
- Infectious Arthritis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Spinal Stenosis
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and many more.
How to avoid arthritis
- Exercise regularly in order to keep the body active and healthy. Avoid sitting for a long time.
- Take enough vitamins for example vitamin D
- Eat foods rich in iron and calcium for example fish
- Keep a healthy weight
- Drink a lot of water each and every day to keep the body hydrated.
Arthritis disease is on the rise and you should take care of your joints by exercising and keep fit. Avoid injuries and keep a good healthy body with a healthy diet. When the type of arthritis is identified please start on the treatment immediately.