Dr. N. K. Aggarwal
MS Orth. (BHU), Dip Yoga, FICS, MCH Orth., Liverpool (UK)
Chief Consultant, “N K Aggarwal JOINTS & SPINE CENTRE”, Ludhiana
Dr. N. K. AGGARWAL, MS, FICS, MCh Orth. (L’pool), had initial training from the institute of Medical Sciences, B.H.U., Varanasi. He then did the prestigious M.Ch in Orthopaedic Surgery from the University of Liverpool, U.K. He received further training at best centres in U.K., U.S.A. and Europe and also did his Arthroplasty
Fellowship at Charnley’s Centre for Joint Replacement Surgery at Wrightington, U.K. He has been A.O. International Fellow at Bern, Switzerland and at Jackson, Mississippi, USA. Apart from working in the UK, he worked as an International expert in Orthopaedic Surgery in Afghanistan. He has travelled around the world to deliver lectures and present papers at various International Conferences and forums. He is an innovative surgeon and has also designed 3 orthopedic equipment. He returned to India after working in the U.K. and worked as Prof. & Head, Department of Orthopaedics at Christian Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana and also as Prof. & Head of Arthroplasty & Traumatology at Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana. He is working as Chief Consultant at Joints & Spine Centre.
Apart from attending 60 courses/symposiums/workshops and other CME programs, in different parts of the world, Dr. Aggarwal has continuously updated himself with latest advances in the field of Orthopaedic Surgery, especially in the areas of Hip & Knee Joint Replacement Surgery, Spine Surgery, and also Foot & Ankle surgery, by visiting/working at various centres of excellence in Europe/USA.
- Presently working as Chief Consultant, “N K Aggarwal JOINTS & SPINE CENTRE”, Ludhiana – INDIA, w.e.f. Sept 2012.
- Professor & Head, Dept. of Orthopaedics, Adesh Institute of Medical Science &
Research, Bhatinda from Feb. 2008 to August 2015.
- Director, Institute of Orthopaedics & Super specialty Trauma Centre, Gurdev Hospital, Barewal, Ferozpur Road, Ludhiana (Pb.) – INDIA, Sept. 2002 to Sept. 2012.
- Professor (Arthroplasty and Traumatology) and Head Unit II, Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery, at Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana,
(Pb.) India, 5 years and 6 months, from March 1997 to Sept. 2002.
- Professor & Head, Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery, at Christian Medical College, Ludhiana (Pb), India, for about 2 years & 1months i.e. 1-3-1995 to 30-3-1997.
- Reader, Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery, at Christian Medical College, Ludhiana (Pb), India, for about 4 years & 8 months i.e. 30-6-1990 to 1-3-1995.
- Three years as Head, Dept. of Orthopaedics at G.T.B.
Hospital, Ludhiana (Pb.). Aug.1987 to Jun.1990.
- One year (Approx.) as Assistant Professor, Orthopaedics at Christian
Medical College, Ludhiana(Pb). Oct.1986 to Aug.1987.
- Two years & 3 months as Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics at IGICH, Kabul (Afghanistan) Jun.1984 to Sep.1986. As an Expert in Orthopaedic Surgery, on deputation from Govt. of India to Govt. of Afghanistan
- Two years as Lecturer, Orthopaedics at MGIMS Sewagram,Wardha (MS).Jul’82 to Jun’84.
- One and a half years as Med. Officer/Sr. Resident in Dept. of Orthopaedics at IMS BHU,Varanasi. Mar. 1981 to Jul. 1982.
- Three yrs as Resident in Dept. of Orthopaedics at IMS BHU, Varanasi [While doing MS Orth.] Jan. 1978 to Jan. 1981.
- M.B.B.S. Institute of Med. Scs., B.H.U. Varanasi (UP) India, 1976
- Dip. Yoga Institute of Med. Scs., B.H.U. Varanasi (UP) India, 1979
- M.S. (Orth) Institute of Med. Scs., B.H.U. Varanasi (UP) India, 1981
- M.Ch. (Orth) Univ. of Liverpool, UK, 1991
- Awarded ICMR Visiting Fellowship at IMS, BHU, Varanasi, in 1983.
- Awarded AO International Fellowship (Arthroplasty) at Bern, Switzerland in1993
- Awarded Overseas Fellowship (Arthroplasty) at Wrightington (Charnley’s Hip Centre), UK in 1995
- Awarded Fellowship (Arthroplasty and Spine update) at Hull, UK, in 1998
- Awarded AO International Fellowship (Arthroplasty and Trauma) at Jackson, Mississippi, USA, in 2001
- Awarded Stryker Howmedica Fellowship (Arthroplasty update – Navigation surgery) at Kings College Hospital, London, UK in 2005
- Awarded “A. A. Mehta Gold Medal” for best paper during IOACON 1983, held at Bangalore
- Awarded “Best Paper” presented at NZIOACON 1984, held at Chandigarh
- Awarded “Prof. T. P. Srivastava Oration” by UP Orthopaedic Association, and delivered at UPORTHOCON 2013, at Aligarh